(English I, English II, English III, English IV)
(Algebra I, II, Geometry & 1 higher math required or CTE class- "Bridge math” does not count) 4.0
(3 credits in lab science Biology and Chemistry required plus 1 other lab science- Physics preferred)
Social Sciences 3.0
(To also include psychology, sociology and other advanced courses)
World Languages other than English 2.0
Additional Requirements and Expectations
- Complete 50 hours of community service (Internships, Apprenticeships or Job Shadowing can count for 20 hours)
- Earn at least a “C” in all Show-Me Scholars classes
- Finish all the state’s requirements for a high school diploma
- Maintain attendance requirements identified by their local districts
- Stay out of trouble. (Students who violate the Missouri Safe Schools Act cannot participate in the program.)
- Recommended no later than 8th grade a personal plan of study developed around career and educational goals to be reviewed annually and revised as necessary to help ensure a successful post-secondary transition.
How can I get involved?
Talk to your school counselor about becoming a Show-Me Scholar and see if the program is available at your school. If it is available, your counselor can help you sign up for the right courses and get you on track to complete the requirements. If the program is not available, talk to your parents, teachers or local chamber of commerce and encourage them to bring the Show-Me Scholars program to your school.
In the meantime, learn which careers will be hiring when you leave school by visiting the career section of this web site and hear from Missourians working at different places across the state about what it really takes to succeed in their jobs.